21 September 2006

my Mexican cooking mentor

I have a Mexican lady cook-mentor. Her name is Grace Montoya, and yes she shows me the ways of the Mexican cooking. She also throws in Mexican proverbs and advice between her teachings. Tonight she showed me tortilla soup (aguada version) and enchiladas with green tomatillo sauce. This was my first time using Cascabels which are dried chiles that rattle when shaken. She is a nice lady but very persistent. She speaks English with a heavy accent so she must grab my arms and hands sometimes when she wants me to do something. She wanted me to taste the soup at one point and so she grabbed the back of my hand forcefully and poured some sauce on it. While it was scalding my hand I licked it and smiled, "mmm delicioso" and backed away with a very red hand. haha more on this later...

1 comment:

  1. Mmm.. I want to learn to faire la cuisine a la Mexican! (And pet giraffes to)

    ReplyDelete