02 November 2006

Halloween

I'm back from Los Angeles!!! Uh yea..not too exciting. I didn't want to leave because I had so much fun with my nieces. We carved pumpkins and made sugar cookies with the shapes of bats, pumpkins, and ghosts. My 4 yr old niece was so proud of herself because of her cookies. See I had them do it all by themselves, even if it didn't turn out because I thought it was important that they feel like they created it. I just gave them the measuring spoons and told them which one applied, read the recipe to them and they did the rest, including blending with the mixer. Granted I did put the cookies in the oven, cuz I'm not about to let them burn their hand. But I ended up doing so myself. Trying to protect a two year old's hand from touching a hot cookie sheet is quite a feat. Trick or Treating was a lot of fun with four little girls. I was a witch. My dress from the thrift store ended up being too short so it was more like sexy witch. No face makeup just hat, dress and knee high boots. But the dress did look very witch like. My nieces were: fairy, princess, tigger, and princess. I see a prominent theme. Ramsey was a catholic monk. It was kind of a hand-me-down costume from my brother but it looked cute on him. I didn't take pictures. I was going to but I was sick all weekend so my energy level was low.

1 comment:

  1. How fun! It's great that you got to spend Halloween with your neices. It's great being an aunt.

    ReplyDelete