15 November 2007

A short play on the neccessities of.......

I don't think I've ever had a job where people called me so much. Let me give you an example of what happened yesterday morning (before I started work!):


Ring. Ring.

Me: Hullo? (Sleepy voice)
Rod (co-worker): Oh hi Vanessa, sorry to bother you. Are you at work? I just need to know when you scheduled me on the week of the 26th. etc...


Vanessa sleepily gets up and gets into the bath.

Ring. Ring.

Vanessa dashes out of the bath, streaking through her apartment, flooding the rug.

Vanessa: Hello?
Brian Jr (The car maintenance guy): Hi Vanessa. I need to switch cars. I need to look at your brakes. I'm coming in 20 minutes.

Vanessa dashes back into shower. And has the quickest shower of her life.

One hour later. Vanessa is pooping while her cell is on the bathroom counter. Safety precautions.

Ring. Ring.

Vanessa: Hello?
Lisa (Office Manager): I have a student.......thinks he is supposed to be driving right now.....oh next week?.....sorry....click.

Vanessa manages to get one pant leg in while getting dressed for work.

Ring. Ring.

Vanessa: Hello?
Brian Sr. (boss): Vanessa, I need to talk to you about the other instructor, Margene...etc


At this point in my life, I must have my cell next to my alarm clock when I sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. That reminds me of a chapter of a story I started writing just for kicks (and historical purposes), based somewhat on a true story (not that there was any real plot to that chapter; it was more a portrayal of situations).

    Do you like all the calls?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I was reading The Devil Wears Prada again! Can you just ignore the calls? Pretend you're not home? Answer the phone with "Jose's Taco Shack, can I take your order?"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I will call you as much... don't want to disturb you while you are ... um... busy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found one your baby pictures when you first adopted mercury... its so cute! http://img69.exs.cx/img69/6739/m9uwtfpossum.jpg

    ReplyDelete