14 July 2008

4th of July



For the fourth of July, Ramsey and I were joined with my brother Jeremy. We had sloppy joes, baked beans, and corn on the cob. We then hiked Ensign peak with all of the dogs. So we had Sophie and Molly but then we had another dog, Pili, which is Jeremy's and my friend Courtney's dog. She is a chocolate lab. So all 6 of us hiked Ensign peak and watched the fireworks down in the valley. We could see all fireworks from all locations in Salt Lake. This seems like a fantastic idea until we realized they aren't as big from that far away. So afterward, we put on our own firework show. The funniest part was when I didn't tell Jeremy that I was not waiting to use the biggest firework for the grand finale and all of sudden it went off with a huge bang, different color sparks went right towards us and Jeremy jumped back out of shock. I couldn't stop laughing. Yes, I like using the big ones in the middle of the show. Makes it interesting. I'm freaking afraid of sparklers though. I keep thinking that they'll keep burning til they reach my fingers.



4 comments:

  1. looks like you have a new favorite dog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love their matching ribbons!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ramsey took the pictures! Sophie is too fast to catch on camera!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kept Pili's bandana. It was such a cute idea Ness!

    ReplyDelete