14 July 2008

R.I.P. Ginseng


Ginseng passed away on Friday. She was getting pretty old but I still felt she may have had a bit more kick to her. I took her to my vet for her bi-annual checkup only a week ago. She got her boosters and general exam.The vet seemed to think she was doing fine except that her spleen seemed a little large. He said to keep an eye on her and see how she's doing...that they may need to do an operation to remove it. Ramsey found Ginseng lifeless in the corner of her cage while I was at work. I didn't even get to say goodbye. She was the best ferret ever. Goodbye sweet Ginseng. May you have all your strength back. I love you and I will see you again someday.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, Vanessa, I'm so sorry! I loved watching the cute videos you would post of her, and all the fun stories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm Sorry about Ginseng, and I'm sad you didn't even get to tell her good-bye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry Ness!! You must be so sad! Are you going to have a funeral service for her?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry, Ness! For the record, I thought he was a nice little rodent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's not a rodent Jer. She was a mustilidae.

    No funeral service. =(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Ness! Sorry for your loss!

    ReplyDelete