- Eating moon cakes outside under the moon
- Putting pomelo rinds on one's head
- Carrying brightly lit lanterns lighting lanterns on towers, floating sky lanterns
- Burning incense in reverence to deities
- Planting Mid-Autumn trees
- Collecting dandelion leaves and distributing them evenly among family members
- Fire Dragon Dances
Shops selling mooncakes before the festival, often display pictures of Chang'e (mythical mood goddess) floating to the moon. (Source). Here are some pictures of the mooncake Lu brought me!
It has a boiled egg yolk in the middle. Isn't that the best part of the egg? Perhaps a symbol of the full moon.
Here is Lu singing at the local Moon Festival held by university students. I had to post this song. It is a very beautiful song accompanied by a beautiful singer!