15 September 2008

The Salt Lake County Fair

On Saturday, Ramsey, Uniti (our niece), and I went to the Salt Lake County Fair. It was fun viewing local photography and walking around a lot of exhibits. We spent a large amount of time on carnival rides. We went on a Ferris wheel and a variety of slides.

Uniti went bungee jumping, spun wildly around on Starship 2000 with Ramsey, and also screamed her face off on Moby Dick.
We saw a variety of farm animals which was very exciting to me because I was born and raised in Los Angeles county. So I walked around the fair, happy to see many goats, sheep, cows, chickens, and pigs. This is one fat chicken! Delicious!
We also saw some unusual animals. Could you believe there were 6 tigers! They were in a cage right next to the barbeque chicken stand. One day they will get hungry enough that they'll escape. ;) We viewed a tiger show and the tigers did many tricks. I was truly impressed by their docile nature.
We also saw a reptile show. Among the many stars was this beauty!
Who could go to a fair without some dip 'n dot icecream?
And a truly classic picture?
Want to see all 83 photos? Click here!!!!

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! Cute photos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So much fun!! Wish we could've been there to go with you. Another reason why Graton should work at BYU or Utah State. So I can hang with my favorite sis! You guys are brave. I'm such a wimp when it comes to thrill rides. I'm too wimpy to even go on the ones at Sea World. How pathetic is that?!

    ReplyDelete