28 November 2008

My First Thanksgiving

Never before have I attempted to cook a Thanksgiving dinner. I would always go to either my parents' house or my in-laws'. But this year, I stayed home. I found a good recipe from goodhousingkeeping.com and got to work!

Chopping up the ingredients

I bought this beautiful turkey at Smiths. This 14 lbs turkey was only $6! (Because I made a $25 purchase and used my Fresh Values Card.)
I made "
Roast Turkey with Wild Mushroom Gravy"


Finished!
I made my mother's "Creamy Potato Casserole"
I made "Kate's Rosemary Mashed Potatoes and Yams"
Ramsey made home-made rolls and pumpkin cheesecake pies!
The feast!
Aerial view =)
Ramsey carving the turkey

The participants of the feast (Ramsey, Vanessa, Mark, Kevin, Uniti, Sadira)

Well it was a success! Everyone agreed it was the best they had! Maybe I'll do it again.

Sadira made this fort while I was sleeping off the turkey. Call me "Vampira."

4 comments:

  1. Wow, Ness, that looks AMAZING!! Wish we had been there! Maybe we will be next year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Vanessa! Looks delicious and I bet tasted even better. I came across a new recipe this year for an artichoke/mushroom/sourdough bread stuffing that is the most requested recipe in Sunset Magazine over the past 25 years. It was sooooo good! Bill wants it so once I get it typed up or scanned I'll send it on to you to try sometime. You can serve it anytime or w/ chicken or whatever.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That turkey looks so good! My mouth is seriously watering just from seeing the picture of it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I must say, I'm impressed! Didn't know you had it in you.

    ReplyDelete