09 November 2008

Pre-Op today

Ok...so Vanessa got very lucky! Because of the economic recession, the place where I'm having lasik done is doing a SUPER SATURDAY which was today. I got $1000 off my laser eye surgery. SO, that mean's instead of $3500 total ($1750 per eye), it's now $2500 total! I'm doing the custom surgery otherwise it would be $1500 total. Anyway, I'm pretty estactic. Supposedly, they just sprung out this promotion because people weren't getting lasik done recently because of the failing economy, (lasik is presently considered a luxury.) Well, I guess this failing economy did one great thing for me!

Today they dilated my eyes and did tons of scans and 3D images of my eyes. I saw tons of curvatures which are called higher aberrations. They stuck tons of light in my eyes and did numerous refractive tests. Pretty much it took an 1 hr and 1/2. I also had to initial through a packet that read like a death waiver. =p

So my pupils have been huge for four hours and I've been wearing sunglasses. It should go back to normal soon.

My surgery is this Friday November 14th at 5:00. I'm Dr. Wyatt's last surgery for the day. I planned it that way so it wouldn't be too long before I could just go to bed. Anyway, my doctor said that I could bring as many people as I wanted to my surgery, so I'm just putting it out there: If anyone wants to go. It's in East Salt Lake City. My actual procedure won't be til 6:00. It will take some time for the valium to kick in. It shouldn't hurt...the valium is for my nerves. But anyway, you can't actually be in the room but there is a separate room that shows my procedure on a big screen for friends and family. You guys get to see the surgery very close up thanks to a camera that is hooked onto the machine. Anyway, if you are interested in attending, let me know and I can give you the address and details!

WOW. 6 more days!

7 comments:

  1. Dang, I'd like to go 'cause I want to see what it's like (since I plan on doing it eventually), but I'm flying to Chicago that day. Good luck, Ness! I'm sure it'll be go great. How excitinh for you to be free from glasses and contacts forever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! So cool! What a great $ savings!! Hope it goes fantastic!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chelsea and Eli would like to have this done. Brittany had it done a few years back and she loves it except for the occasional dry eye. What a wonderful world we live in.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah...I'm worried about the dry eyes

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats cuz!! i'm so jealous you're getting this done. i'd give a lot to stop wearing contacts myself. i'd love to come to your surgery - we'll see how my work schedule goes. plus, i haven't see you for a very long time, and there's no place like a hospital for a reunion ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dry eyes? I didn't know dry eyes could result from this. What does that even mean? I don't think I've heard of dry eyes before. Are they uncomfortable?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Some people get them...some people don't. My co-worker got it done and he's never had a problem. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete