07 August 2009

The Great Firewall of China

So my friend in Shanghai cannot access my blog. Blogger and blogspot is now blocked in China. I may or may not get to update this blog so I may have to create a new one. I've been experimenting with proxy servers but so far I can only view blocked sites not edit them. If anyone knows of a reliable proxy server, one which you can edit on let me know. (There are hundreds of them so only let me know if you found a really really good one.) Also, I may try typing in the direct ip addresses or redirecting the links....but so far most of my attempts have failed. My brother Jeremy briefy mentioned Chinese censorship but I had no idea how intense it was. Here is a list of all the blocked sites by China

4 comments:

  1. If email is still alright, you can email your blog entries to me and I'll post them on your blog. That's always an option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really good idea....and there's a good chance I'm going to take you up on that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be fine in China, since you can try to use Chinese blogs... and if you come back here, you can copy what you wrote.

    ReplyDelete