11 December 2009

Bus-Mangled

On Monday I got bus-mangled. I was holding onto the bar while standing at the back of the bus. Suddenly, the bus driver slammed on the brakes so hard that my body was forced forward. I actually took flight. I've fallen a few times in my life but I've never before "got air." I landed at the front part of the bus on my back with my head hitting the ground shortly after. I couldn't move for a good 30 seconds. My body just refused to. Everyone gathered around me and asked if I was ok. It happened to be my stop and I just silently got off the bus. They were still trying to dust me off while I was leaving. Yeah, that pretty white coat you all liked-I pretty much looked like a chinchilla that just rolled in the dust. While I was in terrible pain I really just cried because of the embarrassment. In fact I couldn't stop crying every time I told the story. Now I think it's funny. But at the time I was so humiliated. Can you imagine watching a "foreign ghost" flying like superman across the bus? Wouldn't that be such an awesome story for all the Chinese to tell their friends?

So for the rest of the day, I had a terrible limp-my coccyx was in horrible pain. My neck was swollen up like a balloon because I hit a pole with it on the way down. I think I bruised every part of my body.

Well, it's Friday now and I want to let you know that I am ok! My coccyx doesn't hurt anymore and my neck finally feels better. Besides all the nasty purple bruises on my legs, I think I'm alright!!!

Ramsey made the following animation. Enjoy!
Photobucket

P.S. This bus is not to scale. The bus was much longer and I flew a little over 20 feet.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure whether to laugh or say I'm sorry, but since you're ok now I think I'll go with laughing. ;) By the way, Ramsey's animation is awesome! lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're feeling better. I mentioned your accident to mom after our conversation on gmail, and she got this look of panic and horror.... Note to self: Do not mention these things to mom.

    I love the animation! Major props to Ramsey. It makes the whole thing look hilarious, which I realize it was just painful and embarrassing at the time. Still, tell Ramsey I love it. What are the concerned yellow stick figures saying?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't stop laughing!! So glad you are okay!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad I'm not the only one laughing at this! Its funny and the animation makes me laugh even more. Seriously though - Glad you're ok.

    ReplyDelete