06 December 2009

Fashion Show (i.e. custom clothes from the local Fabric Market)

Going to the fabric market is fun! You can dream up any design you want and have it made by tons of skilled cheap tailors! Let me show you some of my creations:

I wanted a simple black dress with a big turtle neck and pockets. Here's what I got!




I wanted a gray knit dress with funky pockets and a big turtleneck and a high waist. Here's what I got!


I wanted a warm wool coat with big flat black buttons, a fun collar, and a cute belt. Here's what I got!






On another note, I got my test results for my 24 hour urine and the doctor said that I have a slight chronic kidney problem. My kidneys don't filter properly or some junk so they put me on a grip of medicine (Micardis 40mg a day and Huang Kui Jiao Nang-some chinese herbal stuff that I have to down 15 pills a day) and they'll test me again in 1/2 month and if I'm still showing signs, they may require hospitalization to perform a few more tests. The good news is that the chronic kidney problem has been causing my UTIs and that if they can cure my problem, I shouldn't have worry about them anymore but their guess is that this will be a continuous problem for the rest of my life. Yay!

10 comments:

  1. Wow, that's incredible! I'm a little jealous... I especially love your coat! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look awesome!! I'm totally jealous, but happy for you at the same time :) Hopefully the medicine can clear up your kidney problem! You'll be in our prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AAHHH those are AMAZING!!! You are quite the designer... that coat... I may or may not be lusting after it right now... and the dresses! I am incredibly jealous. You should totally devote at least a portion of your China adventure to creating and obtaining your dream wardrobe. That is fantastic.
    I'm sorry to hear about the kidney problem. I hope the medicine works that and hospitalization can be avoided completely!
    Take care!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great dresses! How cool you can get cheap tailoring there. Neat.

    So sorry to hear bout the kidney problems :( Hope they come up with a good solution. On the plus side, at least you're not paying up the wazang for our overpriced health care here in the states.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joseph Dewey12/7/09, 4:13 PM

    Awesome designs! Please find the best and cheapest tailors in Shanghai for when I visit.

    And good that you found out about the kidney infection. You should also get some Chinese foot massage while you're there. Those folks are amazing, and can cure most things with foot massage.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful clothes, beautiful girl
    -joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute clothes!! I want to do some shopping over there! ;) Hope you're doing great, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know Joseph, and he told all about this. This is amazing! I love your designs, especially the black the dress.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jodie Misbach1/19/10, 4:57 AM

    Very nice....I'm a fan of the black one too. :D

    ReplyDelete