15 June 2010

Luo Bin Han (Robin Hood)

I never remember to take my camera anywhere, hence the lack of blog entries but today I did!
Today, Ramsey and I had the day off and we decided to go to the outdoor mall near our apartment.

We went to a wonderful Thai restaurant called "The Banana Leaf Curry House" for lunch. We had lamb skewers dipped in peanut sauce, pineapple fried rice and a chicken green curry. It was all fabulous and not too expensive.


Then we walked around a bit and just enjoyed the scene.

"Puyang" Every Chinese kid's favorite cartoon character

Ramsey gave me this look after I told him to ride the "pizza car."

We were itching to see Iron Man 2 but I guess it's not in theatres any more (We did see the DVD for sale) so we went to Robin Hood instead. I'm so glad they don't dub over Western movies here like they often do in Russia. The tickets were cheap only 30 rmb ($4.50). Pretty nice theatre. The Chinese are smart-they put a huge space between the first row and the screen so no one gets a terrible seat, and then just make it go farther back. You pick your seats when you buy them which is nice.

Robin Hood aka "Luo Bin Han"


Later that evening we met up with our co-workers Bora (the Korean teacher) and Ken (the Japanese teacher) Man, I'm sure it was funny to all who saw us (three different nationalities) bridging the gap by communicating in Chinese.
Bora took us to a great Korean restaurant and we had Korean BBQ which was to die for. This was their "going away" dinner that I paid for to say thank you for being such great friends. I will miss them dearly. They are both leaving the university. Bora is going to Australia to learn English for a few months and then returning to Korea to pursue international trade and Ken is getting another job in Shanghai.

5 comments:

  1. Great post! I love the photos with story -- it really makes a difference. And as (probably) your most devoted blog reader, I love getting these kinds of updates on your life. Keep it up :)

    P.S. The mall looks cool. Seems like it'd be an interesting place to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pictures! You need to take Ramsey back and have him ride the pizza car again. I think, but I'm not sure, that that look means that he wants to do it but needs more encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay...finally some pictures! Vanessa your looking so good! I'm glad your having so many great experiences ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such an exciting life, great experiences. I'm jealous. Have fun while you can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, I wish I could eat all those delicacies!

    ReplyDelete