26 October 2010

2010 World Expo: Shanghai

Expo was super duper crowded but got to pass some lines like got VIP tickets for Italian pavilion for eating at an Italian restaurant, and my friend Jenny worked in the Spanish pavilion and got us in. (See picture below. She is manager of the gift shop.) Really enjoyed the United Nations pavilion and all the performances: aka Shaolin Monks kungfu, Phillipines Drum and dance, and Pacific Island dance performance.... Good food at Peru restaurant. Crappy at Argentina restaurant. (My milanesas was freezer burned and resembled more like a flat fish stick.) Italian restaurant was pretty good. Lots of walking. Lots of pictures. I think I have like 200 pictures. I'm crazy. Anyway, I've put up a few.













5 comments:

  1. Looks like fun! ...but that giant baby is scaring me. Please explain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree, Ness! The giant baby is scaring me as well!

    P.S. I love reading your updates. ;) Hope you guys are doing well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay you made it to the expo! From the photos, it looks like there was a lot to see. Do you think it lived up the hype and constant marketing it got? Were there a lot of Haibos there?

    And yes, the baby is a thing of nightmares.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have a friend who served in Latvia. Ramsey is looking more and more Chinese nowadays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In the Spain pavilion, there were three sections to represent Spain: Past, Present, Future. The giant robotic baby represents Spain's future. He spoke Spanish and his name is Miguelin.

    ReplyDelete